This is my all time favorite salad! After making this you won’t be able to get enough and I can guarantee you’ll keep coming back to it over and over again. This salad is also perfect for fall and full of vitamins and antioxidants!
Kale Salad Health Benefits
Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and contains high amounts of vitamin A, K, C and B6,minerals and it is high in antioxidants.
Butternut squash is another ingredient in this salad that has health benefits similar to pumpkin. It is filled with vitamins and minerals that many people are deficient in. It is also high in antioxidants.
This recipe starts off with peeling and cubing and entire butternut squash. I also seasoned it with olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste. I then put that in the oven on 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until fork tender.
While that's cooking, boil about ½ cup dry quinoa to 1 cup of water together, and let that cook with the lid on until done. It should make about ¾ - 1 cup cooked quinoa.
While that's cooking, get one bunch of kale, any type is fine. Make sure to thoroughly wash the kale and roughly chop.
Tip: One of the most important parts is to massage the kale with olive oil for about 5 minutes in order to get rid of its toughness. Not doing this makes the kale really tough and unappetizing.
Once the kale is massaged, open and seed one pomegranate and set to the side.
For this salad I made a vegan smoked paprika caesar dressing which complimented this salad perfectly. To start off the dressing add about ¼ cup vegan mayo to a jar or bowl. Next add the juice of one lemon, one clove of garlic crushed, ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard, a pinch of smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
To assemble the salad, put together kale, roasted butternut squash, quinoa pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, dressing and toss.
Fall Kale Salad Recipe:
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 roasted butternut squash
- garlic powder, onion powder salt, pepper to taste (for butternut squash)
- seeds of one pomegranate
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful hemp hearts
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ TSP Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cube and entire butternut squash
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Roast in the oven on 350 degrees for about 20- 30 minutes
- Boil ½ cup dry quinoa with water, should make ¾ - 1 cup cook quinoa ( follow instructions on pack)
- Wash and roughly chop one medium bunch of kale
- Add kale to a bowl with about a tablespoon of olive oil and massage for about 5 minutes
- Open and seen one ripe pomegranate and set seed to the side
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients above in no particular order and mixing
- Lastly add all ingredients above, kale, cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds, roasted butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, dressing and toss
This is one of my all time favorite salads and it's perfect for fall! Definitely give this a try while these foods are still in season. This would be perfect as a side dish for any holiday parties coming up and is also packed with vitamins and antioxidants while still tasting amazing!
You can also try: "Tasty Pumpkin Soup Recipe"